11 April 2011

I am deaf to instrumental Music...

I have only  three hobbies
1. Reading
2. Writing
3. Listening to SONGS

My third hobby is misunderstood many times. I listen to the songs not the plain instrumental music. Have tried listening to instrumental music of great artists of the world. Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan's violin, Chitti Babu's Veena, Hariprasad's Flute, Kadri Gopalnath' Sax, Sikkil Sister's Flute, etc. Nothing has moved my mind. Even Beethoven's symphony never impressed me. For me music means it should contain lyric in it. Otherwise my brains interprets it as a noise and head-ache is triggered.

I always wonders what's wrong with me? I am fine even listening just the vocal part of the song. Why can't I enjoy the instrumentals or the Karaoke of my favourite songs by ARR and Ilayaraja? I can't  recognize the popular songs also till the vocal part(pallavi or charanam)  of the song comes. 


My be my hears/brains cells are not programmed to understand the music part of the song!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am mighty surprised to know this. :O.
never thought you are deaf to instrumental music :):). and perhaps this explains why you chose the best lyrics while you quote your favourite songs.

Avineni Bhaskar / అవినేని భాస్కర్ / அவினேனி பாஸ்கர் said...

Hello Mighty Anonymous, Thanks :)

madhumanasam said...

Oops, That's me, Name was missing in my earlier comment :D
-Manasa

Avineni Bhaskar / అవినేని భాస్కర్ / அவினேனி பாஸ்கர் said...

Mighty Manasa, I guessed it :)